How Top Retailers Use Transactional Email: Silverpop Study Reveals Revenue-Boosting Tactics
Transactional emails can be a powerful tool for marketers. By taking advantage of the high open rates of transactional emails and establishing brand loyalty at the time customers are most likely thinking about the company, top online retailers strengthen relationships with customers and drive revenue growth.
In reviewing how top online retailers utilize this powerful communications channel, Silverpop found the following best practices:
- Send transactional messages within seconds of the purchase.
- Include the company name in the subject line.
- Send HTML messages to enhance branding and showcase other items the customer might consider.
- Personalize messages.
- Photos help sell products and can work well in transactional emails.
- Include a link to your Web site.
- Use transactional messages to cross-sell and up-sell products and services.