This resource is no longer available
The Global State of the PMO 2013
For decades, researchers have been trying to grapple with the concept of the Project/Program Management office (PMO) and how it works to improve overall business performance. Because project management has become integral across all industries and sectors, the PMO plays a vital role in offering strategic, tactical or operational guidance in day-to-day business through its involvement in project and program delivery.
In its third annual survey with over 2300 respondents worldwide, ESI International, assess the state of the state of PMO.
- There has been a significant drop in soft skills training by PMOs
- More PMOs have introduced effectiveness measurements
- The majority of PMOs offer structured career pathway for project managers.
- PMOs are more strategic
- 56% of PMOs bring 75% of projects in to time and budget
- Take-up of agile project management is low.
Click on the button below to download this report.
ESI International, a leading project management learning company, helps organisations and individuals improve the way they manage projects, contracts, requirements and suppliers. In addition to ESI's more than 100 courses delivered in more than a dozen languages at hundreds of locations worldwide, ESI offers several certificate programmes through its educational partner, The George Washington University in Washington.