This resource is no longer available
This research from AIIM looks at the risk profile around electronic records, the keep-all versus delete-all options, the international view of e-discovery, and the implications of social, mobile and cloud on risk management policies. The research also looks at the development of enterprise-wide governance policies, and how they translate into system strategies.
Key finding include:
- Progress toward the “Paperless Office” is slow. For 42% of organizations, the volume of paper records is still increasing.
- Effective information governance is crippled by poor training. Only 16% regularly train all staff. 31% do no training at all.
- Senior management is ignoring the risks. 31% of respondents report that poor electronic records-keeping is causing problems with regulators and auditors. 14% are incurring fines or bad publicity.
- The answer to the data problem is to let the computer do the filing. 14% are already doing autoclassification of electronic records, 37% are keen to do it.
- Despite good intentions, the delete button isn’t being pressed. Electronic records aren’t being deleted even when retention periods are set.
The survey was taken using a web-based tool by 548 individual members of the AIIM community between January 18, and February 11, 2013.
Click on the button to download this report.
AIIM is the global community of information professionals. We provide the education, research and certification that information professionals need to manage and share information assets in an era of mobile, social, cloud and big data.