This resource is no longer available
International technology adoption & workforce issues
This study from CompTia, looks at technology and workforce trends across 10 countries.
- The importance of information technology (IT) to business success continues to trend upwards. Strategic priorities increasingly include an IT component.
- Most businesses seek to improve their utilisation of IT; few are exactly where they want to be in terms of effectiveness or efficiency.
- Emerging technologies, such as cloud computing, continue to see adoption gains. Although as businesses rely more heavily on the “Internet of Things,” security, data loss and privacy concerns will affect more companies on more levels than ever before.
- The global economy remains fragile, but the IT sector should out-perform. Businesses in several countries project solid increases in IT spending, while 4 in 10 businesses expect to hire new IT staff over the next 12 months.
- For a number of reasons, IT skills gaps remain a challenge for most businesses. Few are exactly where they want to be with staff expertise and experience.
- More than half of businesses report being concerned about the quality and quantity of IT talent available for hire.
- The majority of businesses expect IT certifications to increase in importance over the next two years.
CompTIA is the voice of the world's information technology (IT) industry. As a non-profit trade association advancing the global interests of IT professionals and companies, we focus our programs on four main areas: education, certification, advocacy and philanthropy.