This resource is no longer available
This in-depth research from Computer Weekly and TechTarget reveals the IT security spending priorities of businesses in the UK and Europe.
Despite the downturn, 40% of organisations plan to increase their security budgets in 2013 in response to rising threats, with only 5% planning cuts in security spending.
Malware and external threats top security concerns in the face of increasingly sophisticated attacks.
Compliance ranks higher than mobile in the list of top concerns, web application and cloud security despite increased hacker focus on these areas.
Over 250 IT professionals in the UK and Europe took part in this survey conducted in November 2012.
- Security budget trends
- Top security concerns in business
- Security spending in the cloud
- Mobile device security spending
- Take-up of mobile device management
- Use of dynamic and static source code testing tools
- Database activity monitoring
- Policy and risk management software
- Security training
- Security as a service priorities
- Data loss prevention
- Next generation firewalls
- Security Information and event management
- Network Access Control
- Encryption and anti-malware
- Intrusion Detection Systems
- Intrusion Prevention Systems
- Network Security Technologies
- Advanced Threats
- Vulnerability Management Strategies
- Authentication including software, hardware and biometrics
- Defending against targeted attacks
- Satisfaction with security suppliers
Click on the button to download the full report.