This resource is no longer available
Technology Industry Survey 2011
This in-depth survey, exclusively for Computer Weekly readers, provides a must-read analysis and insight into the UKs technology industry.
Download this report from Computer Weekly and recruitment firm Mortimer Spinks to find out how much your peers earn, how many hours they work, what bonuses they receive and how long they expect to be in their current jobs.
The survey reveals what you really think about technology, your employers, your workplace and your future career in IT.
Some of the surveys other surprising findings include:
- Most of IT pros feel they are more likely to progress their careers by leaving their current employers
- Almost one in five feel their jobs are threatened by off-shoring
- Almost 40% are looking to be in a different job within 12 months, rising to two-thirds for technical roles
- Technology professionals care less about remuneration packages and more about interesting projects and new challenges
- Most CIOs and CTOs think users owning and operating their own IT equipment would be a good thing for the IT department
- Only 53% of people think Facebook has had a positive impact on the world
- 650 IT professionals took part in the survey by Computer Weekly and recruitment company, Mortimer Spinks.
Mortimer Spinks is one of the UK's leading innovators in technology recruitment. Part of the Harvey Nash Group, its consultants are orgainsed into specialist technology teams and are genuine experts in their subjects.