Consolidate and Simplify Backup and Recovery for Your VMware Environment
Data deduplication has proven to be a key enabler in the development of disk-based backup and recovery strategies for VMware virtual environments. Backup images for VMware virtual machines require significant amounts of storage in order to keep them online and readily available. Data Domain high-speed inline deduplication storage systems make this possible and highly efficient. Incremental backups can be reduced in size to where they can be replicated over existing network infrastructures with very low bandwidth usage. In this webcast you will learn about this powerful solution, hear about specific deployments and the resulting benefits:
- Deduplication Efficiency: Longer term online data retention
- Reliability: Backup/restores are fast and instantly verifiable
- Simplified Management: Centralized management for remote site data protection and tape consolidation
- Performance: Backup/restore windows significantly reduced.
- Disaster Recovery: Directory replication allows for replication of critical images to secondary data center.