- Dec 1, 2011
- Sep 21, 2011
- 15 Page(s)
- IT Briefing
Sponsored by: ComputerWeekly.com
This report from Cisco provides insight into the mindset, expectations and behaviour of the world's next generation of workers and what this will mean for businesses in preparing to accommodate the demands of this workforce.
The research sampled 2,800 college students and young professionals in their twenties across 14 countries about their use and views of the internet and mobile devices.
Key findings include:
- One-third of university students and young professionals view the internet as a fundamental human resource.
- College students in the UK are second only to China (73% and 76% respectively) in having the highest mobility usage rates.
- 93% of UK students claim to be interrupted at least once an hour by social media - the highest globally.
- 72% of UK college students would rather have internet connectivity than ownership of a car.
- 58% of people under 30 cite mobile devices as the most important technology in their lives.
Cisco is the worldwide leader in networking that transforms how people connect, communicate and collaborate.